Work permit exemption for foreigner to get married to Vietnamese.
The 2019 Labor Code stipulates, Exemption from work permits for foreigners married to Vietnamese. Work permit exemption is valid for 2 years.
Work Permit Exemption Regulations
* Legal basis
– Labor Code 2019
– Decree 152/2020
– Decree 70/2023
According to the provisions of Clause 8, Article 154 of the 2019 Labor Code, foreigners married to Vietnamese are exempt from work permits.
Foreigners who marry Vietnamese are exempt from labor license.
Dossier of work permit exemption for foreigners married to Vietnamese
This procedure for exemption from labor license is guided in Article 8 of Decree 152/2020 and amended in Decree 70/2023.
Dossiers to be prepared include:
– Application No. 09 – Application for confirmation of work permit exemption under Decree 152/2020
– The health certificate is valid for 12 months.
– Certified copy of passport or passport copy certified by the guarantor company.
– Documents proving work permit exemption as prescribed. In case of marriage with a Vietnamese, the supporting document shall be the Marriage Registration Certificate. If it is a foreign language, it must be translated in Vietnamese and notarized or authenticated.
Note: Pursuant to Decree 70/2023, in case of marriage with a Vietnamese person, there is no need to apply for a letter of approval of the employer.
Work Permit Exemption Process
- Competent authority certifies work permit exemption
– Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs.
– Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs of provinces and cities.
- Time to apply
At least 10 days in advance from the date the foreigner is expected to work at the enterprise.
- Application processing time
Within 5 working days from the date of receipt of a valid application.
Confirmation of not being eligible for work permit issuance (also known as work permit exemption confirmation). This certificate is valid for a maximum of 2 years. When it expires, the above procedure must be carried out again to be issued a new confirmation.
Phone: 0983026382(zalo/whatsapp) Mr. Chris